Friday, October 3, 2014

Moms R Us

This morning was a coffee morning. I was up all night with a baby who Im trying to get out of co-sleeping with. This is the only baby out of 4 that co-sleep with. For some reason I feel like she needs me more that the others. Maybe because I feel like she doesn't get the attention that the others did when they were babies. Anyways, I'm trying trying trying to get her in the crib but I cave. Hence coffee.

I woke up (well I was already up) got the 3 older ones up, breakfast, dressed, hair and teeth brushed. Thank god its Pizza day. I dont have the energy to fight with them over why they have to eat 3 measly carrots at lunch. 2 permission forms plus money needs to be sent to school today, book order and book fair money (they chose one or the other). Spelling test review and agendas need to be packed. I need a moment already because its NUTS HERE!

I take my phone to the bathroom to catch up on my facebook, email, texts (It sounds gross but its my only down time.) BOOM the door gets busted open by my 2 year old. I shut it on my 6 year olds hand. F U C......... Ugggggh!

Then I remember its mommy day today. I've recently made great friends with a few local moms who also feel stuck in their homes. They are seriously a group of great women. We are all so different but similar. So I feel comfortable and don't feel any "competition" or bitchiness from them. So its a relief. Conversation flows easily and coffee gets chugged.

Listening to the ladies talk today, really made me glad that I have actual adults to speak to. And how much I need to get out. Its funny how they say that you lose your friends when you have kids. Unless you have kids, its honestly hard to keep that connection with other adults unless you really try, or are pretty solid. Ive seen it happen. Ive been there. You end up passing each other like ships in the night when you used to be on the same boat.

It made me think about how much my life revolves around my family. My entire life. I think I need something more. Something stimulating. Don't get me wrong. I love my family but I need more.

How will I know what I want?

Right now its coffee. Thank you Maxwell House.

No comments:

Post a Comment